Whether it’s relationship issues, financial concerns, bad habits, or other life challenges–we all struggle. Although painful at times, struggle often signifies the beginning of change. And fortunately, we all have the God-given power to shift our focus, our perspective and our priorities, which can lead to exciting life changes. But why do this alone?
Shift is a seven-week spiritual growth program beginning Sunday, October 2nd, 2011, in which participants come together to learn about each other, about God, and about how to make shifts in their lives. The program draws on the Jacob story from the Old Testament, and includes Sunday morning worship gatherings, weekly small group meetings, and daily personal reflections on scripture. Here is your chance to offer your struggles before the Lord, and watch them turn to blessings.
At New Way Church, we have three small groups you can choose from, and also a fourth group for young teens 11-14 years old. You can sign up in person on Sunday morning at 10 a.m., or sign up now by sending an email to Mac@NewWayAustin.org, with your group preference. Our groups meet at the following places and times:
- South (Riverside area) – Sundays at 7pm.
- Central (Northwest Hills area) – Tuesdays at 7pm.
- North (Cedar Park) – Fridays at 7:30pm.
- Teens — Saturday evenings.
This seven week program explores Biblical answers to a new topic each week:
- A Shift of Awareness: Notice the conflicts.
- A Shift of Perspective: Remember the Lord is here, now.
- A Shift of Focus: Keep in mind who you want to be.
- A Shift of Expectations: Have patience with the process.
- A Shift of Motivation: Recognize when it’s time to make a change.
- A Shift of Confidence: Hold on through the wrestling.
- A Shift of Heart: Show your love.
Shift is open to everyone. Come as you are!